Monday, June 30, 2008

Valerie and Tim Kerby

The Kerby home is located near the historic district of downtown McKinney. This is a totally remodeled home. In fact I think they told me that the original structure was a duplex which they converted into a single family home.


As you can see they have done a great job with the house. The joyful blue is really eyecatching don't you think?
Here is another of these recurring examples of stuff I would throw away taking on a new life when artfully placed in a garden. I think I am going to need to work on spotting things that have the potential for beauty. To start seeing the possibilities rather than the reality.

4 comments:

Jim June 30, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

The house and yard look great. How come I can see something that looks good and recognize how good it is, but I cant create it in my own yard?

Carole June 30, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

what a pretty house. The flowers and shrubs are just so beautiful and I love the bath planter. very nice images

Ms. Hays June 30, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

I like your angle here - the shots you took were best, from the side!
So quaint & cozy looking.

brian June 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

beautiful house and great photo's, dan! this is the older type of home that I own and love - even if they do tend to be a money pit during the 'remodeling' period (which has been neverending for me). =) but to each his own

About Me

My Photo
I am Mckinney Texas based photographer. I specialize in commercial, portrait, travel and landscape photography. While I strive to be technically excellent I think photography is all about making and saving memories. That is what I hope to do, preserve memories to enrich future generations. You can reach at dmstar99@gmail.com or friend me on Facebook. I would love to hear from you.

About This Blog

This blog is about pictures of Mckinney, Texas. Of course, that does not mean that you won't see pictures of other places once in a while. Mckinney, is one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. It also boasts the second largest historical district in Texas. So, while the community grows into the future it is also trying to stay connected to its roots.This creates and interesting and creative dynamic. I try to capture some of that dynamic in my pictures of Mckinney

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP